Housing & Building Research Institute
The Institute has a total of 153 personnel including 33 qualified research personnel. All activities including R & D programme are now being executed through the following Divisions and Sections:
- Software Engineer
- Building Materials Division
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering Division
- Housing Division
- Extension and Dissemination Wing
- Information and Documentation Section
- Administrative & Accounts Section
- Training Cell
Building Materials Division
- Chemical analysis of building materials.
- Determination of physical and mechanical properties of building materials.
- Suitability test of soil for the production of bricks.
- Chemical analysis of water, soil, paints.
- Performance test of paint and distemper.
- Abrasion test of aggregates.
- Physical & Mechanical properties of aggregates and concrete.
- Consultancy services for the manufactures of building materials/elements and on various building problems like Efflorescence and corrosion.
Soil Mechanics and Foundation & Engineering Division
- Physical properties of soil.
- Unconfined compression test of soil.
- Compaction test, of soil.
- Consolidation test of soil.
- Triaxial shear test of soil.
- Collection of undisturbed sample by boring (up to 500 ft.)
- Standard penetration test of soil.
- Consultancy services for the sub-soil improvements.
Structural Engineering and Construction Division
- Perform load tests.
- Structural design for building construction guidance.
- Consultancy services for construction of low-cost buildings.
- Architectural design for all types of buildings, lay-out plan for small community/complex with proper use of land and space.
- Consultancy services for the construction of low cost houses.
- Official website: www.hbri.gov.bd