|Part of Twelfth Air Force|
|Coordinates||35°46′11.99″N 005°54′35.21″W / 35.7699972°N 5.9097806°W|
|Controlled by||United States Army Air Forces|
|In use||June 1943|
The airfield was constructed as a temporary facility, with a hard earth or pierced steel planking (PSP) runway and parking apron. with few or no permanent structures, Tents were used for ground support operations and personnel billeting. It was used for a brief two-week period by the Twelfth Air Force 86th Bombardment Group, flying A-20 Havocs from the field in early and mid-June 1943 during the North African Campaign. After the 86th moved east to Tafaraoui Airfield, Algeria, the airfield was dismantled and the land returned to civil authorities.
Today the area where Marnia Airfield was constructed is now an agricultural area, with little or no evidence of its existence.
- Maurer, Maurer. Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1983. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556.