Nana Afia Kobi Serwaa Ampem II
|Nana Afia Kobi Serwaa Ampem II|
|Reign||6 February 1977 – 15 November 2016|
|Coronation||2 June 1976|
|Predecessor||Nana Amma Serwaa Nyarko II|
Nana Afia Kobi Serwaa Ampem II (1905 – 15 November 2016) was the Queen mother (asantehemaa) of the Ashanti Kingdom and mother of the current Asantehene, Otumfuo Nana Osei Tutu II, who is the youngest son of her five children. She was the 13th Queen mother of the Ashanti Kingdom.
Awards and recognition
The Afia Kobi Serwaa Ampem Girls Senior High School was named after her. A roundabout in Kumasi is named for her.
- "Nana Afia Kobi Serwaa Ampem, the Asantehemaa, female ruler of the Asante nation, arrives at the Asantehene's jubilee surrounded by royal fan bearers. 25th anniversary jubilee celebrations of Ghana's Asantehene, Opoku Ware II, Kumase, Ghana on JSTOR". doi:10.5555/al.ch.document.bfacp1b10175. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- "When Osei Tutu II marked 13 years on the Golden Stool". Ghanaian Chronicle. Retrieved 22 January 2016.
- "Queenmothers of Asante". Ashanti. Retrieved 22 January 2016.
- "KING OSEI TUTU". asantekotokodc.org. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- "Tutu II Osei, Asantehene". www.ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 22 January 2016.
- Notice of death of Nana Afia Kobi Serwaa Ampem II, ghanaweb.com; accessed 16 November 2016.
- Frimpong, Enoch Darfah. "Afia Kobi Serwaa Ampem, queenmother of Asante dies at 111". graphic.com.gh. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- "Asantehemaa Afia Kobi Serwaa Ampem is dead; Reigned for 39yrs". 3News. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- Dapatem, Donald Ato. "Sorrow at Manhyia as Asanteman marks one-week observation of queenmother - Graphic Online - | 2016". Graphic Online. Retrieved 2016-11-26.
- Kenu, Daniel K. "Afua Kobi Ampem girls donate to K'si Children's Home – Graphic Online". graphic.com.gh. Retrieved 22 January 2016.