USS PC-497 before her conversion into USS SC-497.
|United States of America|
|Operator:||United States Navy|
|Builder:||Westergard Boat Works, Inc.|
|Laid down:||7 March 1941|
|Launched:||4 July 1941|
|Commissioned:||15 April 1942|
|Fate:||Transferred to France on 18 March 1944, permanently on 15 August 1944.|
|Acquired:||18 March 1944|
|Renamed:||CH-724 in 1952 and later P-724|
|Fate:||Withdrawn from service on 23 October 1980, fate unknown.|
|Class and type:||SC-497 class submarine chaser|
|Length:||110 ft 10 in (34 m)|
|Beam:||17 ft (5 m)|
|Draft:||6 ft 6 in (2 m)|
USS SC-497 was a SC-497 class submarine chaser that served in the United States Navy and later the Free French Navy during World War II. She was originally laid down as PC-497 on 29 November 1941 by the Westergard Boat Works in Rockport, Texas, and launched on 4 July 1941. She was commissioned as USS PC-497 on 16 October 1942. She was later reclassified as a SC-497 class submarine chaser and renamed SC-497. She was transferred to the Free French Navy as part of the Lend-Lease program on 18 March 1944 as CH-96. The transfer was made permanent on 15 August 1944. She was renamed CH-724 in 1952 and later P-724 before being withdrawn from service on 23 October 1980. Her exact fate is unknown.